Direct to Film (DTF) - Custom Transfer Prints
Upload your artwork through our Zwik Designer tool’s “images” tab, or create/edit your artwork directly in Zwik Designer.
We produce your DTF transfer using the highest quality inks, adhesive coating, and PET film.
Use a commercial heat press to DIY heat transfer the DTF film onto your apparel.
- Print area: 8.25″x 8.75″ @$3.97/sheet
(Film: A4, 8.25″ x 11.75″)
- Print area: 11.7″x13.5″ @$6.95/sheet
(Film: A3, 11.7″ x 16.5″)
- Print area: 13″x16″ @$7.97/sheet
(Film: A3+, 13″ x 19″)
Orders up to 20 DTF sheets will ship within 3 business days. Please allow up to 10 business days for large orders. Expedited service: (option coming soon)
Low Quality Artwork – No Refunds
Heat Press Instructions
- Preheat press to 315 degrees (F).
- Pre-press material for 5 seconds to remove moisture.
- Align the transfer where you want it.
- Press with medium-heavy pressure for 12-15 seconds. (315F)
- Let the DTF transfer cool, then peel in a single, smooth motion.
- Second press benefits softer hand feel and durability. Cover the transfer with kraft paper and press for 5-8 seconds.
- Print the artwork exactly as submitted
- Print file as sized when received
- Preserve transparent background
- Upload graphic file into Zwik Designer tool (“Images tab”), or create new.
- SVG file format preferred to upload.
- PNG file is good if resolution good (see bullet point below on resolution).
- Other file formats are discouraged, although JPG and BMP may be uploaded into the Zwik Designer tool and will be accepted.
- Set background to transparent or it will be printed.
- Change transparent colors to be printed to spot colors (recommended).
- 300ppi recommended at full image print size (can SOMETIMES get acceptable results with lower resolution DEPENDING ON SPECIFIC ARTWORK detail and colors – AT YOUR RISK 150ppi minimum).
- MIRROR the image for printing.
- Convert all text to curves (we won’t search for fonts).
- Avoid large solid areas (for softer feel).
- Specify desired print size in “Order notes” at purchase checkout.
- REQUIRED: Commercial heat press, not household iron.
Submit Artwork – Zwik Designer
- Upload your artwork through the “images” tab in Zwik Designer, or use the tool to create and edit a new design, or email us your artwork.
- Choose from a huge library of editable templates, images and artwork as a starting point or as finished designs.
- Zwik Designer has many great powerful features and is easy to use.