DTF - Direct to Film
(a.k.a. Digital Transfer Film)
We produce your professional quality custom DTF heat transfers using the highest quality inks, adhesive coatings, and PET film.
Use a commercial heat press to DIY heat transfer the DTF film onto your apparel.
Custom DTF Transfer Products
DTF 16″x19″ Custom Transfer Print (PET Film)$10.53See our Coupon Codes (Up to an ADDITIONAL 40% OFF: $6.32sheet = $2.99/SqFt)
DTF 12.7″x16″ Custom Transfer Print (PET Film)$7.04See our Coupon Codes (Up to an ADDITIONAL 40% OFF: $4.22/sheet = $2.99/SqFt)
DTF 11.5″x13.5″ Custom Transfer Print (PET Film)$5.37See our Coupon Codes (Up to an ADDITIONAL 40% OFF: $3.22/sheet = $2.99/SqFt)
DTF 8.0″x8.75″ Custom Transfer Print (PET Film)$2.85See our Coupon Codes (Up to an ADDITIONAL 40% OFF: $1.71/sheet)
- Small: print area: 8.0″ x 8.7″
- Medium: print area: 11.5″ x 13.5″
- Large: print area: 12.7″ x 16″
- Extra Large: print area: 16″ x 19″
- FREE SHIPPING for orders over $150.
- $12.45 flat rate per order for S/H, USPS Priority.
- Pickups may also incur a pickup/handling fee.
Current turnaround time is approx. 10-15 business days.
- AVERAGE TAT is 3-5 business days (noon CST order cutoff).
- Turnaround times fluctuate with our workload. Please allow up to 10 business days for orders to ship irrespective of averages.
- If you are operating with a deadline, shorter delivery time commitments may be available upon request.
COMMERCIAL HEAT PRESS REQUIRED
Following are fairly standard DTF heat press directions, or you can follow your own tested procedures with which you are comfortable. Within the industry you can find minor variations in published DTF heat press instructions, even when using similar DTF materials.
Results may vary given specific fabrics, equipment idiosyncrasies, and the amount of ink coverage and fine detail of your designs. Adjustments to your procedures may be warranted with changes in these factors to optimize for best results.
1. Preheat Press
- 100% cotton and most blends: 305(F) degrees
- 100% polyester: 280(F) degrees
- Heat sensitive fabrics: Adjust accordingly
2. Pre-press Fabric
- Pre-press material for 5 seconds to remove moisture.
3. Press Transfer
- Align the transfer where you want it.
- Use Teflon cover sheet.
- Time & Pressure▪ 100% cotton and most blends: press with HEAVY for 12-15 seconds.▪ 100% polyester and other heat sensitive fabrics: press with MEDIUM pressure for 12 seconds.
4. Let Transfer Cool
- Let the DTF transfer cool, then peel film back (not up) in a single, smooth motion.
- If small details attempt to lift with peel because still too hot, you may need to press shorter, add pressure, and/or let cool longer.
- Or, if not sticking well enough in the first place, you may need to press longer and/or add pressure.
- It may be trial and error adjustments for best results.
- Benefits are softer hand feel, improved durability, and will remediate any visible adhesive residue that may occasionally remain on fabric after first press.
- To a small degree, second press will mute vivid color.
- Cover with Teflon sheet (textured Teflon for best results) and press the second time for 10-12 seconds.
Wait 24 hours before stretching or washing.
We accept gang sheets you create, no additional charge.
- Make your own gang sheet file.
- We may gang together images by your request (may be subject to additional fee).
- We do not cut and trim apart (except to fit shipping package).
Storing Transfer Sheets
- Specify desired print size (in “Order notes” at purchase checkout, or by email). If not specified, we will assume to enlarge to the maximum print size purchased. You can print to the edges of specified size.
- Submit artwork as you want it printed, or provide explicit request for changes.
- Do NOT mirror the image for printing, we automatically do that. If your artwork is already mirrored, let us know so we print correctly.
- 300ppi image resolution recommended at full enlarged print size, for highest quality results. 200ppi for usually good to OK results. Quality results below 200ppi resolution is AT YOUR RISK (results dependant ON SPECIFIC ARTWORK detail and colors).
- Preferred file formats: PNG, and SVG. Can also use others, such as JPG, JPEG, and PDF if no transparent areas. Please ASK if questions.
- Set background to transparent if you want it transparent (use file format that allows), or assume background will be printed as is. Background removal service available for $20.
- Replace transparent colors to be printed with spot colors (full opacity). Transparent colors will not come out do not print well in DTF.
- For softer hand feel, avoid large solid areas in design, knockout design colors same as shirt background color, or halftone.
- We print the artwork as submitted unless otherwise instructed.
- We print file as size specified, or if not specified, the maximum size for for the purchased item (at 300dpi minimum).
- We mirror the image for proper printing on a transfer (Notify us if it is already mirrored).
- We use top quality inks, adhesive, and PET film in our transfers.
How To Transmit Artwork
THREE options to send your artwork.
When selecting item to place in shopping cart.
Select “Add to Cart” button to place item into shopping cart. Then either:
2. Use Email
OR, Select “Zwik Designer” button
- Upload your artwork through the “images” tab in Zwik Designer, or use the tool to create and edit a new design, or email us your artwork.
- Choose from a huge library of editable templates, images and artwork as a starting point or as finished designs.
- Zwik Designer has many great powerful features and is easy to use.
- background removal (to transparency)
- simple color change
- text layout, font selection
- add simple design element (clipart)
- cleanup rough bitmap edges