Direct to Film
Digital Transfer Film
We produce your professional quality custom DTF heat transfers using the highest quality inks, adhesive coatings, and PET film.
Use a commercial heat press to DIY heat transfer the DTF film onto your apparel.
Custom DTF Transfer Products
- Print area: 8.0″ x 8.7″ see item for pricing
- Print area: 11.4″ x 13.5″ see item for pricing
- Print area: 12.7″ x 16″ see item for pricing
- Turnaround time (TAT) fluctuates with our current workload.
- Current AVERAGE TAT is 3 business days (order cutoff time: noon CST) for orders up to 20 DTF sheets. For larger orders, typically 3-5 business days.
- Please allow up to 10 business days for order to ship. Shorter delivery time guaranteed commitments are by prior written agreement only.
- FREE SHIPPING for orders $150 and over.
- $12.45 flat rate per order for S/H, USPS Priority.
- Pickups may also incur a pickup/handling fee.
COMMERCIAL HEAT PRESS REQUIRED
- Preheat press
- Cotton and most fabrics: 295(F) degrees
- 100% polyester and other heat sensitive fabrics: 285(F) for 100% polyester materials. Adjust accordingly for heat sensitive fabrics.
- Pre-press material for 5 seconds to remove moisture.
- Align the transfer where you want it.
- Use Teflon cover sheet.
- Time & Pressure:
- Cotton and most fabrics: press with FIRM pressure for 12-15 seconds.
- 100% polyester and other heat sensitive fabrics: press with MEDIUM pressure for 12 seconds.
- Let the DTF transfer cool somewhat (advised even for “hot peel” film), then peel film back (not up) in a single, smooth motion.
- If small details attempt to lift with peel because still too hot, you may need to press shorter, add pressure, and/or let cool longer.
- Or, if not sticking well enough in the first place, you may need to press longer and/or add pressure.
- It may be trial and error adjustments for best results.
- Second press is recommended.
- Benefits are softer hand feel, improved durability, and will remediate any visible adhesive residue that may occasionally remain on garment.
- To a small degree, second press will mute vivid color.
- Cover with Teflon sheet (textured Teflon for best results) and press the second time for 10-12 seconds.
We accept gang sheets you create, no additional charge.
- We do not cut and trim apart.
- Make your own gang sheet file. (We may gang together images by request, but may be subject to additional fee.)
- Print the artwork as submitted unless otherwise instructed. We MAY knockout a design color that is the same as shirt color without request where it is conventional (i.e. white or black), unless instructed not to.
- Artwork we perform upon your request, including background removal, color change, cleanup, added elements, or editing may require a fee.
- Print file as size specified, or if not specified largest size for selected media (at 300dpi minimum).
- Mirror image for proper printing (you must notify us if it is already mirrored, unless obvious like backwards text).
- Specify desired print size in “Order notes” at purchase checkout or email, or, by default, we will assume enlarge to largest print size for selected media at 300dpi minimum.
- Submit artwork as you want it printed, or provide explicit instructions for changes.
- 300ppi recommended at full enlarged image print size for highest quality results. 200ppi for usually good to OK results. Quality results below 200ppi resolution is AT YOUR RISK (is dependant ON SPECIFIC ARTWORK detail and colors).
- Do NOT mirror the image for printing.
- For softer hand feel, avoid large solid areas in design, knockout design colors same as shirt background color, or halftone.
- PNG, JPG, JPEG, SVG, or PDF file formats are preferred. Two options:
- Email: any of those file types.
- Zwik Designer: may have upload limitations on some file types.
- Set background to transparent (some file formats allow) or assume background will be printed in most cases.
- Change transparent colors to be printed to spot colors (recommended).
- Create your own gang sheet file, if desired. (we do no cut/trim)
- REQUIRED: Use commercial heat press, not household iron.
- background removal (to transparency)
- simple color change
- text layout, font selection
- add simple design element (clipart)
- cleanup rough bitmap edges
Submit your artwork by email or through Zwik Designer.
Using Zwik Designer
- Upload your artwork through the “images” tab in Zwik Designer, or use the tool to create and edit a new design, or email us your artwork.
- Choose from a huge library of editable templates, images and artwork as a starting point or as finished designs.
- Zwik Designer has many great powerful features and is easy to use.